It’s just one week until Disney Speedstorm’s third season “ʻOhana” inspired by Disney’s Lilo & Stitch touches down! Before you get set to rocket to the racetrack with Lilo, Stitch, Jumba, Captain Gantu and Angel, we wanted to give you a heads up on some of the additional improvements and fixes coming to the game alongside Season 3.
Thanks to everyone in the Community for providing invaluable feedback on our official Discord and social channels to help us take Disney Speedstorm to the next level! Check out all the updates we are making to the Starter Circuit, Teleport Skill, Menus/UI, Private Track and more below.
These updates will go live alongside Season 3 on August 1.
We are revamping the Starter Circuit to improve the onboarding experience for new players. The new Starter Circuit has been streamlined while also introducing and explaining new game features to new players more gradually.
- The Starter Circuit will now have 3 Chapters. (previously 6 Chapters)
- After completion, the Starter Circuit will be available to replay via the Settings menu.
As a result of this change, we will be granting the below rewards to all players who launch the game during Season 3:
- 10 Mulan Shards
- 20 Hercules Shards
- 20 Captain Jack Sparrow Shards
- 600 Tokens
- 50000 Season Coins
- 5 Universal Box Credits
We collected lots of feedback on challenges the Teleport Skill was causing in Ranked Multiplayer races in particular. We are making the below changes as a first step towards adjusting the skill.
- The probability of picking up Teleport is being decreased in general.
- The distance from 1st at which Teleport starts to be picked up will be increased.
- The distance a Racer is teleported when closer to 1st position will be decreased.
- The distance a Racer is teleported when further from 1st position will be increased.
- Players will now be able to select any Racer currently playable in the game in Private Track, even if they do not have them unlocked. Mid-season Racers will become available for selection in both Private Track & Local Freeplay once their respective Time Limited Events have concluded.
- Racers will be available at different preset Upgrade & Star levels, similar to Local Freeplay.
- Crews will not be in effect in this game mode.
- The correct MPR levels of Racers will now be shown in the Regulated Multiplayer race intro screen.
MENU/USER INTERFACE (UI)
We are now separating the Singleplayer and Multiplayer game modes into their own dedicated menus.
- This menu will contain the Starter Circuit, Season Tour & Limited Events game modes.
- The Starter Circuit will move to the Settings menu once completed or if already completed.
- This menu will contain the Ranked Multiplayer, Regulated Multiplayer, Private Track & Local Freeplay game modes.
- A new free Daily Box has been added to the Shop. Login each day to claim yours!
- Performance when accessing the shop should now be improved on certain platforms.
- New season’s Collections will no longer appear hidden when a new season starts.
- PS+ Rewards will no longer appear as locked when linking multiple accounts.
Don't forget to follow us on our social media channels for all the latest news!