1 – How we collect your information
Gameloft collects some information from you when you:
(a) access the Services and/or create an account
(b) play our Game and/or use the Services, including the website
(c) make a purchase within our Services (including in-game purchases)
(d) sign up for a newsletter on the website
(e) contact Gameloft customer service (for instance, to take part in technical-support sessions or to exercise your privacy rights as described below)
(f) enter a contest, event or sweepstakes, or participate in a challenge held by Gameloft (either on the website or in-game)
(g) connect with, chat and/or otherwise interact with other users of the Services
(h) signal interest in participating in a playtest
(i) share or contribute to our social media channels and other community websites
2 – Information we collect
Gameloft collects only adequate and relevant information limited to the purposes defined hereunder.
a – Information you provide us
- Contact information (such as your name and email address)
- Your username and password
- Profile information (such as a profile picture)
- Information that you provide when seeking help from our customer service (such as chat logs, contact details such as your phone number and email address if necessary to resolve your request, and customer support tickets)
- Other information you provide us (such as information used to identify a lost account)
b – Information we automatically collect directly from you when you use our Services
- Information about your game progress and activity
- Information about your interactions with other players
- Information about your browsing activities, which we collect using cookies and similar tracking technologies (Note: you can refer to our Cookies Policy to learn more about opting out of such technologies)
- IP address and device identifiers (such as your device ID)
- Information about your device (such as device name and operating system, browser information, including browser type and the language you prefer)
- General geolocation information
- Gameloft player ID
c – Information we obtain from our partners
- Information we may receive from your console and/or the platform you access the Game from (such as your console identifiers, in order to provide you with cross-platform features, or the country you selected, in order to provide you with the relevant language settings)
- Information from billing (if you make in-game purchases)
- Information for analytics purposes (third-party analytics providers may be involved for tracking, analytics and/or technical purposes, within the framework of the website and game operations, so we can provide you with better Services)
3 – How we use your information
3.1 – Under normal circumstances, we only collect personal information from you when:
- we have a legal obligation to collect and process personal information from you
- we have your consent to do so
- we need the personal information to fulfill a contract with you and provide you with the Services, such as customer support services, bug and service-error detection, and fraud prevention
- the processing is in our legitimate interests (when we analyze your gaming activities, and protect and improve our products and services) and not overridden by your rights, or when we have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you
We primarily use the information to provide you with a better browsing and gaming experience, but we also use your information, both individually and combined, as follows:
3.2 – To operate our business and to enhance your experience, including to:
- provide you with the Services
- where applicable, adapt the Services to suit your age and to be compliant with the applicable laws of your country of residence
- provide gaming experiences that you may like and functionalities you have subscribed to, based on your game progress
- track your use of the Services to help us learn more about your browsing and gaming activities and understand your preferences and tendencies, so that we can personalize your experience, provide you with in-game offers and notifications that are tailored to you, and otherwise enhance your gaming experience
- facilitate sharing on social networks, where this option is available
- register your participation in a contest and contact you in the event of a prize
- organize and ensure the proper management of events (e.g. registering your participation in an event, granting access to an event, prize delivery)
- offer you the opportunity to take part in playtesting (game tests)
- protect against cheating, crime or fraud, or for other security reasons
- identify and fix bugs and service errors
- use it for administration, analytics, research, and optimization
- compile statistics
- comply with all regulatory and legal requirements, and answer any requests from Data Protection Authorities or any law enforcement agency
- respect security requirements (e.g. performing audits)
3.3 – To provide you with support, communicate with you and respond to any requests or questions you have submitted through our customer support.
3.4 – To personalize our communication with you, including to:
- handle your subscription to, and opting-out of, our newsletters
- contact you to promote our Services and contests we may offer
- send you, with your prior consent, promotions or marketing materials (we will provide you with the opportunity to opt out of receiving such materials in the future)
- offer in-game surveys
- collect any personal information you may disclose through messages you choose to send to another user or defined group of users through our message, chat, post or other in-game functions, as well as to collect necessary personal information belonging to the user(s) you are contacting, in order to facilitate communication (Note: We will never collect any information sent outside of the functionality of our Services)
- personalize your content and offers
For some of the purposes described above, Gameloft may use and perform analytics. Analytics information supports business analysis and operations, allows product development, improves products and Services, personalizes content, and makes recommendations.
4 – How we retain your information
We want to inform you that a longer retention period could be required to resolve disputes, or answer regulatory or police requests. In such cases, the collected information will be used and stored until the request is closed.
5 – How we share your information
5.1 – With Gameloft entities
In order to operate the Services, your personal information may be transferred to other Gameloft studios or entities, subsidiaries, processors or third parties located worldwide as described below (please refer to "International operations and transfers of your information").
5.2 – With third parties
We use third-party services that have limited access to your information for specific purposes, such as administration, analytics, optimization, advertising, prize delivery, marketing assistance, customer service, and data analysis. They assist us with our operations.
Such third parties are authorized to use your information for these purposes only.
While using our Services, whenever you decide to and where this option is available, you may use social sharing features to third-party social network sites. This may allow the sharing and collection of personal and non-personal information both to and from such third-party social networks. You should visit the policies of such third parties for more information about their information collection practices.
5.3 – With authorities
We reserve the right to report to law enforcement agencies activities that we, in good faith, believe to be illegal. We will investigate or take action to counter illegal activity, suspected abuse or unauthorized use of the Services, or to protect the property or safety of others. We may also disclose your information if required by any law or court order worldwide, if the information relates to actual or threatened harmful conduct. In that case, we will consider applicable local laws, the nature of the order, as well as the legitimacy and proportionality of your information.
5.4 – In case of sale of our company
In connection with any sale of our company or any line of business (including the assets relating thereto), customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets. In the event of any such sale or disposition of any or all of our business, your information may be transferred to the acquirer.
6 – International operations and transfers of your information
As part of our international operations, we may transfer personal information to our affiliates (which means subsidiaries, parent companies, joint ventures, and other corporate entities under common ownership of Gameloft SE) from time to time for our legitimate business purposes.
Gameloft is headquartered in France, and we have operations, entities and Services provided in Canada, the United States and throughout the world. We have taken measures to ensure that your personal information is treated securely and lawfully, and that it will receive an adequate level of protection in the jurisdictions in which we process it.
7 – Security and confidentiality of your personal information
We have implemented security measures to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security, and correctly use the personal information collected through the Services.
If there is a breach of security involving your personal information, including credit card information, from our Services, we will inform you immediately according to your local regulations relating to the notification of information Breaches, and take commercially reasonable steps to rectify such breach.
If you believe your personal information is being improperly used by us or any third party, please immediately notify us via email at DataProtectionSupport@gameloft.com.
8 – Children
Depending on the platform they access the Game from and on the applicable regulations, parents or guardians of underage users can set age or age categories and define privacy and social communication settings when creating their children’s accounts. The Game will be delivered to underage users based on these categories and settings.
In addition to these measures, we encourage parents and guardians to teach their children about privacy and how their information may be used online. Children should never disclose their name, address or phone number, or any personal information, without their parents’ or guardian's prior permission.
9 – Your rights
You can exercise your rights at any time and ask Gameloft for access to, or rectification or erasure of, your information.
We ask that you keep the information that you provide to us updated. You can correct any information you have provided by contacting us through this form. You represent and warrant that all information you provide us is true and correct, and relates to you and not to any other person.
Please note that other third parties (our data partners) may be controllers of your information. You can obtain more details and opt out of the sharing of your personal information to third parties for any purpose by contacting us through this form.
If you have previously consented to any direct marketing communication from us or subscribed to our newsletters, you can unsubscribe by clicking on a link available in each communication and newsletter we send you.
Please note that game functionality, Services and features can be affected by your actions. Some of your information and its processing is mandatory for Gameloft to provide the Services. Your actions may force Gameloft to cease providing the Services. When the conditions below apply, your game will be reset:
- If you ask for the modification of this mandatory information, we may not be able to continue to link the game or game Services to you.
- If you request limitations to processing that are mandatory for Gameloft, or you object to such processing (in which case, we may not be able to provide you with the game or game Services).
- If you withdraw your consent or ask for the deletion of your information.
If you withdraw your consent or ask for the deletion of your information, we will not use or process your information anymore but we will store it to answer regulatory or police requests. We also reserve the right to retain an archive of such information for a commercially reasonable time to ensure that its deletion does not affect the integrity of our data; and we further reserve the right to retain an anonymous version of such information.
Please specify your request through this form.
If you are the parent or legal guardian of a child (as determined by applicable regulations) and believe your child has provided us with information, please fill out this form and we will delete the information from our system.
Please note that, in order to preserve the confidentiality of your information, we must be able to correctly identify you when you exercise your privacy rights through the above-mentioned processes. For this reason, we may ask you to provide us with a copy of an official document to prove your identity. This copy will be safely destroyed within two (2) months of your request being received and closed.
Our team will look into your request and answer you within one (1) month, unless your request requires further investigation. You’ll be specifically informed if that is the case.
10 – Additional information for Californian users
Please note that all the options available under this form are applicable, except for the opt-out right (related to the sale of personal information).
If you submit a request on behalf of another person, you need to be 18 years old or over, and we may require a proof of authorization and verification of identity directly from this person.
In some instances, we may not be able to honor your request. For example, we will not honor your request if we cannot verify your identity or if we cannot verify that you have the authority to make a request on behalf of another person. Additionally, we will not honor your request when an exception applies, such as when the disclosure of Personal Information would adversely affect the rights and freedoms of another consumer or when the Personal Information that we maintain about you is not subject to the CCPA’s access or deletion rights.
The exercise of any of the rights mentioned above will not have any discriminatory consequences for you.
11 – Third-party services
Therefore, you are encouraged to review the privacy policies of all third-party services. Without limiting anything in the following section, we are not liable in any way for the actions, inactions or policies of any external services.
13 – Legal disclaimer
14 – How to contact us
1. by sending an email to GameloftPrivacySupport@gameloft.com
2. by writing to the Gameloft Data Protection Officer, 14 rue Auber, 75009 Paris, France